Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ethiopia Tchembe Natural

Happy Brew Year everyone! I hope everyone had wonderful holidays and the new year is going as planned. I had a great holidays and got some extra cash to spend on some green coffee beans! Woohoo! My first roasting adventure of the year was with some Ethiopian beans I got from Roastmasters.

First the roast. I roasted the green beans on my Behmor 1600 on P2. The first crack came and went but the second crack never came. If my eye is right, I would say it was a Full City roast, maybe a City +. The fragrance was amazing. I smelled cherries and some hints of chocolate in the fragrance and couldn't wait to brew myself a cup!

I ended up brewing myself two cups the first morning of tried the bean because I loved it so much. My first cup was with my Chemex. I boiled up my water, put my beans through the grinder and let the Chemex do the rest. As I inhaled the aroma, I could smell some raspberry and cherry too again. The first sip I took was a fruity delight that had a pretty heavy body to it. The aftertaste was pretty light, which was a nice transition after the heavy body. The cup was so delicious that I basically gulped it down and decided to make another cup with my Aeropress to see how it differed. I used my favorite Aeropress method, inverted, and never looked back. The Aeropress gave the cup a little less heavier body with the same amount of fruitiness. The aftertaste was still pretty light, I even tasted some wine notes afterwards too. Overall, a tasty cup of coffee that I highly recommend, if you're feeling like a good Ethiopian bean.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some more green beans soon! Most likely I'll be going with East Asia this next time around. Until then though, enjoy your cups of coffee and may the beans be with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment